This is not a year in review.
There are so many things that I did and didn’t do in 2013, but the accomplished or un-accomplished did not define my year.
It wasn’t the new projects, business growth or number of words written that made 2013 inspiring and memorable. What made 2013 so special are the changes, events and people who are closer to my heart.
Thank you 2013
- We sold our home and became 100% debt free for the first time ever. The last of our clutter went with it as the new home owners kept anything we were willing to leave behind.
- We moved into a small apartment in the city with no storage space.
- I completed a yoga challenge and attended 65 classes in 50 days with my daughter. I learned that I am capable of more than I think.
- B left for college and I became an empty-nester. It wasn’t my favorite thing to be at first, because I missed her so much, but I’m getting used to it.
- I worked with the best people this year. Johanna brought my napkin drawings to life with her beautiful illustrations. Spark & Tinder members made my job more fun and meaningful than I thought it could be. Chris helped me deliver beautiful books. People participating in 31 Days of Gifts You so Deserve continue to warm my heart every day with thoughtful messages. I partnered with great friends speaking at SXSW, writing a new book and creating a new course and fell deeper in love with the power of great collaborations.
2014 is already shaping up to be an amazing year, but I can’t fully appreciate that without giving 2013 a proper send off.
When I really think about the moments worth remembering in 2013, they weren’t about stuff or money. The moments that mattered weren’t connected to productivity or success. They were simply about people. They were about laughter, tears, raised eyebrows, clinking glasses, holding hands, Skype calls, romantic date nights, city bike rides, care packages, thank you notes and love letters.
I am so grateful for the people who made 2013 wonderful for me.
Take a few moments to give 2013 a proper send off. Release the bad stuff, embrace the good stuff and then look forward with an open heart for all that 2014 has waiting for you.
And about that One More Gift …
Mini-missions for Simplicity is free this weekend on Amazon. If you don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry! Kindle books can also be read using the Free Kindle Reader App for your Web Browser, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android.
If you purchased the book, thank you so much for supporting my work. Please grab a free copy this weekend if you haven’t read it, and if you would be so kind, tell your friends and leave a review on Amazon.
And one more little gift …
If you’ve been thinking of cleaning out your closet for the new year, I made you a playlist to help.
Happy new year my friends. I am just so grateful for you.
Update: Mini-missions for Simplicity isn’t free anymore, but it is available for only $2.99.