7 New Blogs on Minimalism & Living Simply
In June of 2010, a little over month after I started blogging, Joshua Becker published 7 New Blogs on Minimalism/Simplicity You May Enjoy and included me and my (then) new blog, Be More with Less.
That blog post introduced many of you to me, and I knew one day I would pay that forward.
7 new-ish blogs about minimalism & simplicity you might enjoy.
- Seeking to Minimize. Read about Paola’s mission to minimize clutter, stress and drama.
- Towards Simplicity. Yan is a husband and father walking the path towards simplicity and minimalism.
- Freeing Truth. Joel, a college student in Nashville, TN documents his journey to a simpler life and faith.
- Minimalisto. Aspiring minimalist, Sergio shares his perspective as he simplifies life.
- 36 Broadway. 20 something Amanda is living well in the real world. Check out her tips on food, fitness and living more simply.
- Uberless. Rick is stripping away all that is unnecessary and extraneous in his life, to make room for the things that bring him joy and contentment.
- Almost Bohemian. David is a minimalist and artist on a quest to become a modern renaissance man.
I thought narrowing down great, new blogs to recommend would be a challenge, but unfortunately narrowing down wasn’t the problem. If you’d like to start a blog, I highly recommend it, and if you have a blog about simplicity and or minimalism, please think about:
- the design of your blog. It should be as simple as your message.
- the usability of your blog. Make it easy for a reader to find their way around.
- the readability of your blog. If you want people to read your message, aim for a dark text color on a light background. Everything else is hard to read.
- how you present yourself. Readers will get to know you through your writing, but your about page is the first impression. Make it count.
- don’t apologize. If you haven’t blogged for a few weeks or months and start up again, don’t apologize for your absence. It’s unnecessary and makes new readers think you are unreliable.
These recommendations are not just for simplicity bloggers, and it is not my intention to bash bad blogs. These ideas will help you as a blogger connect with more readers, and will help readers enjoy more great ideas.
While the following new blogs are not specifically about minimalism or simplicity, I think you might like them too…
- Rose Taffy. Geneva dedicates her blog to all the other people out there taking baby steps toward a more beautiful and intentional way of living.
- FoodieCrush. Addicted to food magazines and food blogs, my friend Heidi writes all about food bloggers and their recipes.
If you want to start a blog or spruce up the one you have, consider joining A-List Blogging Bootcamp or work with me. In the meantime, if you would like a brief critique of your blog via email, please send me a link to your blog. I’ll review the
first 25 I receive and email you back suggestions. Scratch that! You have been sending me your blogs to review and have far surpassed 25. If you’ll be patient with my response time, I’ll accept more blog submissions for review. Keep ‘em coming!
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to Be More with Less & share on twitter.
If simplicity is changing your life, imagine what it could do for your business.