Personally and professionally, one of the hardest things to do is ask for help. We want to prove to ourselves and the world that we know what we’re doing. Asking for help is great in so many ways. Not only can you connect with new people, but you can infuse your business with innovative ideas, motivation, creativity and a new perspective.
1. You can’t see the big picture. When you are caught up in the day-to-day details of business, sometimes you can’t see the big picture. With a little help you can clearly see the direction of your business and the steps you need to take to proceed.
2. You don’t know how. Technical difficulties and other things that you don’t know how to do may prevent you from going after what you really want. With a little help, you can better understand how to execute your plans and have the confidence to move forward.
3. Two brains are better than one. If you’ve ever brainstormed alone and then with a group of people, you understand that brain power works wonders in collaborative atmospheres. With a little help, you can turn your brainstorming and creative energy into a productive strategy session.
4. You can’t organize your ideas. If you have a great idea before every meal of the day, you might be frustrated trying to decide what to implement and how to organize your great idea/ideas. With a little help, you can share your great idea with the world.
5. You are overextended. You can not do it all well. You may be the king or queen of multi-tasking, but when you go in to many directions, something in your life suffers. With a little help, you can prioritize, delegate and focus on doing what you do best.
6. You are afraid of success and failure. If things change and you start making money or you launch a new idea and everyone thinks it sucks, then you are faced with success or failure. Both places are different from where you sit now and change is scary. With a little help, you will see that you can survive failure and enjoy success.
7. You feel stuck. Lack of motivation and inspiration can leave you in a holding pattern. You don’t know what to do next. With a little help, you can harness creativity, and learn how to maintain excitement about your business.
8. You want to stand out without crying for attention. Self promotion does not have to be intrusive and boastful. With a little help, you can learn how to genuinely introduce your business to the market and let the world know why it should like you, trust you and work with you.
9. You know something has to change. Maybe you are working a job you hate, or involved in a failing business. Or, you love your job but work so much that you never see your family. With a little help, you can identify what matters most and start to build a life to support the most meaningful part of your life.
10. It’s time. With everything you have to do in a day, it never seems like the right time to ask for help and grow or start your business. With a little help, it will become clear that the right time is right now.
Admitting weakness is your biggest strength. When you begin to ask for what you need, you can create a business and lifestyle that you enjoy. What are you waiting for?