I am leaving for Portland, Oregon at the end of the week for Chris Guillebeau’s World Domination Summit. This will be my second year attending and I can’t recommend the conference enough. When I think about what makes it stand apart from other conferences and business events, it comes down to Chris. He cares about people and their work, and so he attracts people who care about people and their work.
So often, when considering a new habit, business idea or any change, we ask the wrong questions. Instead of starting with:
- Who else is doing it?
- How long will it take?
- Is this possible?
- Where will we find the money?
We need to ask this:
Do I care enough about people to make this meaningful?
When you care about people, you care about yourself too, so whatever it is that you want to do, if you approach it with the right intention, know your whys and truly care about people (including yourself), you will do it well.
Once you put the caring part first, you will begin to attract caring people. This leads to more joy and happiness in life and work, awesome collaborative efforts and motivation to care even more.
A few announcements
- Remember the Just One Cookbook Project? It is still on, but going at a much slower pace than I anticipated. I’ve continued to whittle my collection down and will be looking for great economical printing options to share with you. Your next step is to repeat the process demonstrated in the original post again. I’ve managed to go from 24 to 12. Can you cut your current collection in half?
- I have a special guest post about why we should smell more roses at The Great Jollyhoombah today. I hope you will check it out.
- After writing about my move from 2000 sq. ft. to 750 sq. ft. in Less in the City, some of you asked me to post pictures of our new small space and as soon as we get settled and comfortable in our new surroundings, I’ll share pictures.
- I am giving away a Versalette (pictured above). The contest ends on Wednesday, July 3rd at 10am EST so please enter to win ASAP. While the model appears to be a 20 something, I am a 40 something and love wearing the Versalette. There are plenty of looks you can create that are age appropriate for 40s and beyond! (update: see who won the Versalette.)
- If you are interested in a Spark and Tinder session in or near your hometown, please let me know. There are 2 spots left in the Portland, OR session and you can sign up for that here. I am considering dates in Chicago, Boston, and San Diego for this fall. Comment below or email with your city of choice.
- Only72.com is back with a special offering called the “Be Everywhere” bundle. You can read all the details here, and as an affiliate, I receive a commission. As a special thank you, I’ll add my Create a Meaningful Morning Routine Microcourse and a copy of my upcoming course (more details coming soon) about developing your own microbusiness. If you buy the bundle through me, simply email me your receipt and I’ll send you the bonus courses.
If you care and have something meaningful to add to your life or to the lives of people around you, don’t let fear or other objections get in the way. The depth of our talents is immeasurable when we truly love and care about people.