It Takes a Village (to publish an ebook)
You are my village and that’s what it takes to publish a book or launch a website, or do almost anything creative and collaborative.
While you could write an ebook and publish it all on your own, I chose to rely on the experts when I wrote Simple Ways to Be More with Less and today as I release Living in the Land of Enough.
I love writing and when I work with awesome, creative people that do what they love, I have more time to do what I do best. I highly recommend that you assess some of the things you do, and see if someone else could do them better so you can do what you do best.
The following lovely people are the village that brought my ebooks to life and gave me the confidence to share them with you.
- Heidi Larsen designed The Simple Ways PDF and original cover. She also recently released a beautiful food magazine with delicious holiday cookie recipes and edible gift ideas.
- Tessa Reese edited The Simple Ways and joins me on writing dates.
- Chris O’Byrne is better known as the e-book editor. He knows the ins and outs of ebook conversions, working with Amazon and other digital publishing venues and spreading good work. More than that though, every time I work on a project with him, he holds my hand (virtually) through the process and goes above and beyond in terms of delivering a premium product.
- Deb O’Byrne designed the new cover for Simple Ways to Be More with Less and Living in the Land of Enough. I had so much fun channeling my inner art director and collaborating with Deb on a design that I love. She was open to my input and wonderful to work with.
- Joshua Becker recently added his amazing books, Simplify and Inside Out Simplicity to Amazon and shared his experience with me. He inspired me to move forward with this launch.
- Karol Gajda knows ebooks, experiments like crazy and then shares his wealth of knowledge. He has been an integral part of my blogging journey and now my ebook journey.
- Leo Babauta inspired me to live with less and has taught me so much about living and working more simply. We are teaching a course together in January. If you want to work with us and banish your clutter forever, join us for the Clutterfree course.
- Tammy Strobel started as a blogger I respect and became my friend. We Skype often, brainstorm and help each other figure out this brand new world. She has inspired me from the start. I am reading Tammy’s first draft of her beautiful print book that should be in a store somewhere near you by the end of 2012.
- You. Every time you read one of my blog posts, leave a comment, say hi on Twitter, share my work or email me, I know that I am doing what I’m meant to do. I love you for that and could not do this without your support. I wish I could mention each of you by name, but that would be a really long post. I don’t say thank you enough, but want you to know that I am grateful everyday.
So while you could publish an ebook alone, it’s way more fun to do it with awesome people.
Buy the Kindle or Nook Versions or send as a gift for only .99 each until the end of 2011
note: Living in the Land of Enough is a compilation of edited blog posts from the Living in the Land of Enough series that published on this blog and Becoming Minimalist over several months. If you have been an avid reader of Be More with Less from the beginning and have an amazing memory, you may have already read and remember the material. That said, it’s nice to have it all in one place and it’s only .99 cents. Enjoy!
Thanks for supporting my writing, sharing with your friends and being my village.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to Be More with Less & share on twitter.