For the Love of Small
If you are ready to let go of the bigger is better mentality and revel in small pleasures and little delights, this little list for the love of small will help.
- Celebrate small successes. Each one provides inspiration and momentum for the next.
- Heidi baked these little pies and one day, if I decide to start eating something besides fruits and veggies again, I want to make them. Actually, I’d just like her to make them for me.
- Take small breaks all day long, especially if you are sitting. Stretch, or take a walk. A small pause will do wonders for your creativity, and productivity.
- Reconnect with small talk. A little “I miss you.” “You are wonderful.” “Thinking about you.” will foster your relationship and encourage the bigger conversations.
- I shared a picture of my small wardrobe with some ideas to dress with less even if you think you can’t.
- Make a list of your small pleasures. In a moment of true gratitude for something small, you realize what this whole living with less thing is all about. And you will want more.
- Choose love with small actions. Surround yourself with loving people. Visit lovely websites. Work with people you love. Connect with lovely people online and off. Support causes that you care about. Do things that make your heart swell. There is plenty of negativity and unlovely things out there, but when you direct your focus to love, there isn’t room for the rest. It’s your choice.
- Be inspired by Ali’s story and let one little word make you better by getting real about who you are and what you want.
- Save your big plates and portions for greens and enjoy small bites and sips of everything else. The first taste is always better than the last.
- Start small. Take one small step towards what you want most. And then another, and another. Soon your small step will become a big change.
- My Swedish husband would love these little linzer cookies (heart-shaped of course)
Life can be big and heavy and busy and crazy, but if you are willing to enjoy small pleasures and find love in the little things, you can create time and space to slow down and smile.
You deserve that.
What are your favorite small pleasures?
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to Be More with Less and join me on Facebook. Check out courtneycarver.com for simple ideas for your life and business.