Blog Your Way to Work You Love
This post is specifically for people interested in starting a blog or becoming more intentional about their current blogging efforts. If that’s not you, here are a few things you might like instead …
The Project 333 Dailies
Limits: The Key to a Thriving Life
Hold a Portrait Party
Food Bloggers Against Hunger
Begin, Be Bold and Venture to Be Wise
If you are still reading, I’ll assume that you want to start blogging or grow your blog to develop a platform and/or support a business.
The 3 most important things to growing a blog you love …
- Work with people who do good work. If you want to develop a stand out blog, work with someone who has a blog you like. Make sure you connect with their work and philosophy. When I started this blog almost three years ago, I connected with and learned from other bloggers. It was the best decision I made, and a great investment of time and money. Not only did I learn from people who had successful blogs, but we had similar values in how to do business and treat people. That is so much more important than what you want to write about or understanding the technical stuff.
- Help people. If you want blogging to be more than a hobby or an online journal, write about things that help people. Focus on someone besides yourself in every thing you publish.
- Keep going. Getting anyone to pay attention to what you have to say in a sea of millions of blogs can be slow going, especially in the beginning. Don’t stop. Your message is important and you can rise to the top with the right intentions and approach.
I want to help you do work you love.
After 3 awesome sessions of The Goodblog Project (my virtual blogging workshop), I’ve decided that the next will be the last! The upcoming session is structured so that you can customize your own course experience by adding 1:1 consulting (or not). I want you to get exactly what you need to grow a blog that makes you happy.
I’ll be inviting everyone that has participated in the last 3 sessions to join us for the last and most powerful session yet so you can connect with them and each other.
The Goodblog Project Begins on May 6th
Everyone that joins this virtual blogging workshop will receive
- access to the private Facebook group
- heavily discounted (optional) 1:1 consulting
- 4 weekly course modules …
- Week One: Subscribers & Content
- Week Two: Social Media
- Week Three: Connect and Collaborate
- Week Four: Product Development
In addition to the course material detailed here, each week will include a music mix to inspire you, a movement activity to help you physically and creatively, homework and creative writing assignments. There will also be at least one live webinar for Q & A. The timing of the webinar will be based on member availability and if necessary there will be two to accommodate different schedules.
If you are ready to get started …
Purchase Option A: if you are ready to move forward with your current blog or Option B: if you want to start a blog, move to self hosting or migrate your existing blog, take advantage of free hosting through the end of 2013 and enjoy a technical refresher.
A. Goodblog Virtual Workshop – $399
If you’ve been been blogging for 5 minutes or 5 years and are ready to be more intentional about your blogging efforts, develop a platform, sharpen your skills and grow, learn and earn …
B. Goodblog Virtual Workshop + GoodStart Blog Setup $599
Includes everything detailed above, plus a starter-program (described below) that’s custom-tailored to help new bloggers (and any blogger that wants to start something new) hit the ground running.
- 30-minute phone or Skype brainstorming session for domain name, tagline or content
- WordPress + a selection of premium themes
- Security enhancements to help protect your blog from hackers
- An automated backup plugin
- Pre-installed plugins to help you implement the advice in the Goodblog Project
- Training videos to teach you the basics of WordPress
- Free Blog hosting through the end of 2013 ($60/year thereafter)
- 30-minute phone or Skype consultation to discuss any technical questions you have
Design services or further customizations are available for an additional fee.
*All new blogs and most blog migrations will be eligible for the GoodStart Blog Setup and if there are special circumstances or additional costs, we will work together to figure out the best way to move forward.
Include 1:1 Consulting
If you want to add more personalized attention, add a consulting program and let me dig in and help you work through the technical, the emotional, the logistics, the hype, the fear and the joy that comes from growing a blog. As a Goodblog Project course member, you’ll receive an invitation to add 1:1 phone or Skype consultations + weekly email support programs for $75 per hour/week when you sign up for option A or B above.
Additional consulting is not mandatory for the course, but available if you would like it.
I have a blog but really want the technical refresher and free hosting offered? Great! Sign up for option B. We will be chatting before the course starts to make sure I understand exactly what you need.
What if I want to do some consulting sessions but don’t want to take the course? You can see other options right here.
How much time do I need to commit to the course? You will receive a new module of information every week and can go through it at your own pace. You are welcome to participate in the private Facebook group as much or little as you like. At the end of the course, I’ll send you a PDF with all of the materials, so you can continue to implement what you are learning.
What do other people say about the course? Here are a few testimonials.
How do I get started? Choose one of the options above, or visit this page for more course details.
What if the purchase buttons aren’t working? Sometimes they don’t work in email or RSS, so it’s better if you click through to the post. If you are still having trouble, just let me know.
What should I do if I’m not sure if this course is right for me? Email me: bemorewithless at gmail dot com and we can talk about it.
You deserve to do work you love and share it with the world.
A blog will be a powerful part of the equation. Your blog may be the extra connection to people who visit your business, a part-time income, a platform for writing a book or launching creative projects or the door to something completely new.
When I quit my job in 2011 to do work I love, I never would have imagined that it would be this great. I’ve made the best friends, had the coolest writing and speaking opportunities, worked with the most engaged, thoughtful people and wake up excited about getting to work.
Let me know how I can help you discover the joy of doing work you love.