Hi my name is Courtney and I am a minimalist.
While I don’t like to get caught up in the labels, I do recognize that I have downsized my possessions considerably, paid off my consumer debt, sold my car and am ready to sell my house and live an even simpler, happy life with my husband and daughter. (and 2 cats and a dog)
Knowing that, it might surprise you that I do give and receive gifts. Our holiday giving and receiving has certainly changed over the years. We want less, give more to people who really need our gifts and live with the one in, one out philosophy so even after the presents are opened, we don’t have more than we did to begin with.
The gift ideas …
gift the gift of learning and growing with self study e-courses that your loved one can enjoy in the new year.
- The gift of time and space. Ecourses offered from your lovely life include merry extras including audio and video bonuses, free ebooks and a donation to The Kopila Valley project.
- How to dress with less. The Project 333 Self Study course will be gone forever at the end of 2012. If you or someone you know wants to simplify their life starting with their closet, check it out.
- Everyday Magic photography course. Learn how to capture creative images with your camera.
Books are a gift that continue to give long after the reading is finished.
- Crazy Sexy Kitchen: 150 Plant-Empowered Recipes to Ignite a Mouthwatering Revolution for the aspiring vegan. (on my Christmas list)
- The Shack a one of a kind invitation to journey to the very heart of God.
- Simple Ways to Be More with Less if you are ready to simplify your life and improve your health, start here.
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles. Anyone that makes anything will be inspired to get started by reading this book.
- Holiday Cookie Cravings. Delicious festive cookie recipes!
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future perfect for your favorite entrepreneur.
- Best Kindle Books to inspire simplicity. Find more recommendations here.
- cooking class. go local or check out virtual cooking courses from the Stonesoup Virtual Cookery School.
- date night or a weekend away.
- massage gift certificates.
- a lunch date.
- simplicity session. comes with personalized gift certificate.
I just delivered day 4 of 31 Days of Gifts You so Deserve. It’s not too late to sign up or give this program as a gift to someone you love. You’ll receive one gift a day through the end of December plus the gifts you missed and so deserve.