Do you have a story to share? Are you interested in creating a business that gives you the time and space to create a life?
If you want to start a blog, or if you recently started blogging and feel a little lost, know that you are not alone. You could spend the next 5 years researching the best way to start and grow a blog and barely scratch the surface of the available information.
The problem with all of that research? You are so focused on getting ready and you are never getting started.
It’s time to get started.
No more waiting for the perfect time, the best idea, for inspiration to strike, or for fear to disappear. This is a meaningful adventure for you and the people you will serve when you start your blog.
Before I started blogging, I wanted my blog to help me quit my job, work less, travel more, work with great people, be an artist and create, be healthier and happier, and to encourage and connect with people who wanted to simplify their lives. All of these desires helped me to start my blog with purpose and that purpose gave me great clarity, direction and the conviction to keep going even when I had no idea what I was doing.
Think about and identify what you’d like your blog to do for you and others. That purpose will make all the difference.
If you are worried about any of the following, you are not alone.
- time management
- writing interesting posts
- too much competition
- putting in a lot of time for nothing
- finding people to read my posts
- the whole business aspect of a blog
- I’m not an “expert” on anything
- don’t know how to get it out there
- setting myself apart
- fear of pushing publish
- integrating social media with blogging but not letting it consume your life
- the technical stuff is overwhelming
I’ve been there, and helped hundreds of clients overcome these concerns. I created this microcourse to help you too.
One easy to open PDF with more than 12,500 words,an inspiring playlist, audio lessons and a recorded webinar.
There is so much to learn about blogging, but you don’t need to know everything to get started.
This course will help you:
- inspire ideas
- narrow them down
- create a blog name and tagline
- launch your blog (on your own or with help)
- reach your first 100 subscribers
- make your first $100
You might not want to do all of these things, but they are available to you. The course lessons are simple, direct, and include what I consider to be the most important information for getting started.
While you can take as long as you want, you can purchase this course today and launch your new blog tomorrow, or next week using the information provided.
Table of Contents
1. Welcome and Intro
- A timeline of my blogging journey
- What to expect from the course
- Disclosures and other legal mumbo jumbo
2. Separate the fear from the work
- Moving fear to the sidelines
- Audio: You are good enough
- Top 10 blogging fears resolved
3. Encouraging Creativity
- 3 ways to spark creativity
- Creativity for your blog
- Create a blog Name and tagline (I can help)
- Recorded webinar: Breathe & Create with blogging Q & A
4. The Nuts and Bolts of Starting
- What you need to know about creating your blog and online home
- WordPress themes and plugins
- Site security
- Assessment quiz to determine best way to start
- Detailed instructions for 3 ways to set up and launch your blog
5. Create a Successful Blog Post
6. The First 100 People
- Why this is all about people
- Audio: Your platform is made of people
- 5 steps to 100 subscribers
- How to set up Feedburner (with video tutorial)
- How to connect with other bloggers
- Get social with Twitter and Facebook
7. The First 100 Dollars
- Audio: Ask for Money
- Revenue sources
- The best way to earn your first $100
- Understanding your disclosure responsibilities
8. Glossary for Beginners
- terms and definitions
9. Resources and Next Step
- List of my blogging business resources
- How I keep track of income/expenses/tax stuff
- The books that have helped my writing and blogging
- Answers to your questions and an offer to answer more
Ready to get started?
You might be thinking that this course is underpriced at $10 and it is. Here’s why:
- A microcourse is always less than $20.00. I made that promise to you and I’m keeping it.
- I believe that doing work you love should be accessible to anyone that is interested. I hope this affordable pricing helps more people start a blog in an easy to understand, enjoyable, powerful way.
What people are saying about the Zero to 100 microcourse:
- “Your course has been great from the beginning, putting my worries and fears in their place right off of the bat, and continuing the encouragement throughout has been great. Again, thank you.” – Jennifer
- “I recently purchased your “Zero to 100″ course to help a friend and me start a blog site. After perusing several sources, it was refreshing to find someone who spoke plainly and made me feel that this dream of ours was possible. My friend and I both found your course immensely helpful. It felt like you were a friend, walking beside us, holding our hands.” – Karla