How many times a day do you remind yourself that you aren’t good enough? Maybe you don’t actually say the words, but your actions speak volumes.
If you’ve abandoned a project, spent too much time doing things that don’t matter, declined when you wanted to accept, or just had a bad day (or month or year), I want to remind you that you are super cool.
(this video is only 30 seconds and will make you smile. If you can’t see it in email, click here)
Super cool is a super power that we all possess, even when we can’t see or feel it. Even when we can’t recognize it or say it out loud, we are super cool. Why don’t we say it out loud? Why don’t we wear t-shirts that read “I am super cool and so are you”?
We don’t do that for 2 reasons
- We don’t believe it.
- We don’t want other people to think we believe it.
When someone we love is feeling down, starting something new or needs our support, we encourage them, we celebrate with them and we make them feel better when they fail. Why don’t we extend that same generosity to ourselves?
I want to remind you that you are talented and funny and sexy and amazing. You really are super cool.
You are super cool because you …
- know that if you are having a bad day, tomorrow will be better
- know that 30 isn’t the new 20, 40 isn’t the new 30 and 50 isn’t the new 40 and you are grateful
- you support crazy talk
- fit into your skinny jeans
- make cookbooks beautiful
- don’t fit into your skinny jeans, gave them away and bought jeans that fit you.
- know when to follow the rules and when to make your own
- run on plants
- say no
- take the SAT every year to help kids raise their SAT score.
- you support artists
- are listening
- know that admitting weakness is a sign of strength
- make time to do one thing, not everything
- understand that to be confident, you have to be vulnerable
- are starting to recognize what matters
- you are debt free or are becoming debt free
- you are an artist
- you are clutterfree or becoming clutterfree
You know those little quirks and unique traits you have? They make you – you and what’s not super cool about that? And, the way you treat people, the way you treat animals, the way you treat the planet… that’s nothing short of super cool.
Reminding yourself that you are super cool is not boastful or indulgent, it is super powerful. So go on, say it. “I am super cool!”. Then call someone you love or send them this post and tell them, “You are super cool!”
When people start to fully grasp how super cool they are, super cool things start to happen, so let’s spread the word.
quick note: you are super cool if this blog stuff is new to you. Those blue words up there are links to other super cool blogs, video and people I think you’ll like. And, if you receive this post in email and can’t figure out how to comment, just click this little blue link and you can leave a comment at the end of the post.
Comment below letting us know why you are super cool and why someone you know is super cool. I’ll start…