Every Monday, before we dive into a new episode of The Soul and Wit Podcast, we share our intro that goes like this …
Welcome to Soul & Wit.
And I’m Bailey.
We are the mother daughter duo here to make you laugh, grow and feel more connected to your favorite things.
My daughter Bailey and I launched the Soul & Wit Podcast in late 2019 and we’ve shared more than 60 episodes with hundreds of thousands of people!
The Favorite Things
The first thing we talk about in every episode is our favorite things of the week which range from Instagram Accounts and quotes to something we made for dinner or did over the weekend. Even though we know the best things aren’t things, occasionally we’ll throw in an actual thing like a book we loved, skin care product we are enjoying or something else.
My favorite thing about the podcast is working with Bailey. We have so much fun coming up with creative ideas, recording episodes and sharing with you. I love that we can bring a whole new layer of learning and laughing to you. Our listeners bring us along for walks and drives and they listen when they are doing things around the house too.
We don’t do a bunch of interviews, although we have done a handful, including conversations with …
- Eliza Blank, the Founder and CEO of The Sill,
- Author of Dark August, Katie Tallo and
- Procrastination Coach, Christine Li
Usually it’s just the two of us sharing on topics from simplicity and slowing down to online business, habits, gratitude and many other topics in between.
These are the top 3 most popular Soul & Wit episodes:
1. How to Simplify Your Life
This episode is about simplifying your life. If you are on a simplicity journey or want to live a life filled with more love than clutter, tune in. We talk about removing clutter in your home, on your calendar and other clutter-free strategies to live a happier, healthier life. Listen on iTunes or Spotify.
2. Less Stress
In today’s episode of The Soul & Wit Podcast we are sharing how to live a less stressful life. We all know how bad stress is for our health and relationships which is why we want to take a deep dive into some of the ways we combat stress during extra stressful times. We also share some hacks to help avoid creating a stressful life in the first place. We cover taking things off your plate, saying no, setting boundaries, and of course … living a life with less. Join us and listen in on how you can start living a life with less stress. Listen on iTunes or Spotify.
3. Project 333: Step by Step Coaching to Help You Create Your Capsule Wardrobe
If you want to try Project 333 in the New Year, this episode is for you. Bailey bravely agrees to create a capsule wardrobe list with Courtney’s step-by-step coaching. Whether you are up for the full challenge or just want to create a little space in your closet in 2021, tune in to learn more. Listen on iTunes or Spotify.
Here are my 5 favorite Soul & Wit episodes:
1. Little Life Hacks to Make Your Life Simpler, Easier, Better (and more fun)
Get ready for these little life hacks. Some of them may be a part of your daily life, others may be jaw-dropping and some will make you wonder, “does this really work?” Spoiler Alert: The drop an egg in the pan hack does work! The wooden spoon on top of your pot does not. Listen on iTunes or Spotify.
2. Listener Q & A: Everything You Want To Know About Anything
In this episode Bailey and Courtney answer your questions. Here are a few of the questions they answer (and there are many more).
- What steps can you take or tips do you have to prepare for uncertainty?
- What is your go to breakfast?
- How do you know when you’ve reached your goal with minimalism?
- How can we use our phones more intentionally?
- How can I have a better mother-daughter relationship?
3. Sorry, Not Sorry: How to Stop Apologizing When You Aren’t Sorry
Why do we (mostly women) apologize when we aren’t really sorry? In this episode Courtney and Bailey answer that question and more like …
- Why do women apologize more than men?
- Is it harmful to over-apologize?
- Switching out “sorry” for other more appropriate words and phrases.
- How will apologizing less impact other parts of your life.
- Things you never have to apologize for.
4. Tiny Decluttering Projects
We are spending more time than ever at home. Whether you are feeling cooped up in quarantine or just finding ways to enjoy being home more often, these tiny decluttering projects will help. In this episode, Courtney & Bailey share:
- Why it’s a good time to focus on tiny projects
- How moving shines a light on clutter
- A knick knack debate
- What to do with diplomas
- What Bailey found in the cupboard under her sink
- Stress buying during quarantine
5. Sustainable Swaps: Tiny Steps for More Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic Living
There are tiny steps you can take to replace plastic bags, toxic household cleaners and other items that will clean up the air you breathe, save you money over time and help you take better care of your health and the health of the planet. Listen on iTunes or Spotify.
Connect with us!
My work focuses on simplicity and healthy living. Bailey’s work is about launching your day dream and using social media to grow your business (in a way that doesn’t take all of your time). The Soul & Wit Podcast is the place we can hang out in between and help you laugh, grow and feel more connected to your favorite things.