Do you love your work? Many of you spend more time with co-workers and at work than home with friends and family. For that reason alone, finding a way to love your work is imperative for health and happiness. In a recent note, I wrote about what happens when you love your work. I work for myself and my schedule changes all the time. Sometimes I work less than usual, and sometimes more. I even worked over the long holiday weekend. I didn’t have to work, but I did anyway.
I worked for 2 reasons:
- I took last Thursday off for a special date-day with my husband
- I love my work
I didn’t work 9-5 or stay up late, but instead focused on a few projects that make my heart sing.
- Leo Babauta and I are releasing the Clutterfree Course soon for self study and I am editing and preparing the content.
- I’m beginning a new blog at Your Lovely Life with Tammy Strobel. Our site has some great content, but we know you want more. From a recent reader survey, I learned that next to simplicity and decluttering you want to read and learn about joy and happiness.
- The minimalist fashion Project 333 Quick Start Course needed my attention too. The next session, beginning September 17th will be announced tomorrow at The Project 333!
- I also worked on my new book this weekend. I can’t wait to share more about this, especially the title which I am sort of crazy about. I am going to need your input and help along the way and hope you’ll be on board.
The other thing I learned from my recent reader survey is that most of you don’t want to talk about simplicity in business. That’s why I created a separate Be More with Less site just to write about productivity, starting your own microbiz, blogging, business resources and other work related things some of you are interested in. I don’t write there as often, but love the community that is growing there.
While I did work that I enjoy, I also played this weekend… as I do almost everyday. That included:
- reading You Can Buy Happiness (and It’s Cheap) and Happier at Home (reviews coming soon!)
- going to the movies
- road trips
- pizza night (if enough of you comment with interest in my vegan pizza recipes shown above, I’ll publish them later this month)
This weekend and summer have been full of playful, joyous moments
This summer was filled with family time, simple meals, hikes, joy and love. That combined with doing work I love resulted in a more relaxed, happier me. I can’t wait to see what fall has in store.
- How has loving your work changed you?
- If you don’t love your work, what will help you love it more?
- If it’s time to look for or create something new, what do you need to get started?
Please share your feedback and responses to these questions in the comment section.
P.S. I snapped each of these photos with my iPhone (my camera that happens to make phone calls). I posted some of them on Instagram and then arranged them with Diptic to share with you on today’s post.