Minimalist Fashion Project 333 Begins
Our closets are full of empty hangers to mark the beginning of minimalist fashion Project 333. I was tweaking my list up until last night. Now that I’ve settled on my 33 items for 3 months, my closet looks bare, simple and surprisingly, inspiring.
Speaking of inspiring, your participation has really given this challenge wings. You are tweeting, facebooking and blogging about what you will wear for the next three months. I really look forward to hearing about your individual journeys and to connecting with you along the way. Keep in touch with me and each other using #project333 on Twitter and contribute to the FB page!
A few years ago, I used to dream about a big, beautiful walk in closet to hold more stuff. Today, I could easily store my clothing and accessories without a closet. (and I am so much happier) Following is my list, links to your lists and other helpful information. Here we go!
- Black Skinny Pants
- Black Dress Pants
- Denim Dress Pants
- Black Short Sleeve Shirt – Black Flowers on Collar
- Black Tank – Wheat Flowers on Collar
- Wheat Colored Ruffled Sweater
- Red Dressy Cami
- Black Buttoned Down Shirt- Silver Buttons
- Black Sweater
- Gray Blazer
- Brown Leather Bomber Jacket
- Classic Tan Trench Coat
- Black Gray Sleeveless Dress
- Black Sleeveless Dress
- Black Skirt
- Black/White Long Sleeve Shirt
- Black Long Sleeve Shirt
- White Long Sleeve Shirt
- White Wrap Shirt
- Gray Wrap Sweater
- Purple Scarf
- Gray Pashmina
- Black Boots – No Heel
- Black Suede Short Boots
- Purple Heels
- Black Flats
Your blogs about Project 333
Beverly Army Williams
Green LA Girl
Simply Heart & Home
Log Home Up North
Beverly Baugh Munn
Marguerita Larned Croft
If I didn’t include you on this list, please email me and I will add you.
- When: October 1 – December 31 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring, underwear, sleep, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: over the next two months, outline your 33 items, by the 1st of October, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. If you purchase items for project 333, stick with the one in, two out approach. Consider the essentials and stick to 33.
Other helpful links
I woke up this morning so excited to start the next 3 months with only 33 items! It will be so fun to go through the process and I know it will only inspire more lessness (yep, I made that word up!) We are just getting started, but can we apply this to other areas of our lives? Kitchen? Sporting Equipment? Make-Up?
While you may have already donated some of your clothing, January will be a big month to give even more, after you see how refreshing it is to live with less.
New to Be More With Less? Read more about what to expect, and this post with links to important posts and reader favorites.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to Be More with Less & share on twitter.