Do you dream about firing your boss and working for yourself? Do you want to generate part-time or full-time income on your own time, and own terms?
Since I started my microbusiness in 2010, I’ve worked from many different coffee shops, libraries, hotel lobbies, and other locations. I’ve written blog posts in New Orleans, launched a course from Sarasota, did a speaking gig in Austin at SXSW, created audio recordings in Boston, started a speaking tour and wrote a book that will be published by Penguin Random House in December 2016.
I didn’t start my own business to travel, but love having the flexibility to work from anywhere. Not only do I get to do work I love, but I don’t have to interrupt my life to do it. While earning money is a necessary currency in growing a sustainable business, you can’t discount other currency like:
There is also the benefit of structuring your business the way you like to work. I don’t miss Monday morning meetings, weekly reports or 8 hour days. How many days do we really have exactly 8 hours worth of work? I think many people have to spread 5 hours worth of work into 8 or cram 12 hours into the same 8. When you have your own microbusiness, you have the pleasure of doing your work and then doing something else.
You will find great value in this course if any (not all, just any) of the following apply to you:
- You want to start a blog for your business or future business.
- You want to understand how to approach social media in the simplest way possible.
- You don’t enjoy selling/marketing/promotion but want your business to be noticed.
- You’ve been blogging for a while but can’t seem to find focus and direction.
- You love your job, but want to develop another income stream.
- You hate your job and can’t wait to fire your boss.
- You want to create your own microbusiness, but don’t think it’s possible.
- You don’t think you can make money online without advertising or scammy “work from home” deals.
- You want to create a microbusiness that matters.
1 PDF with 11 Lessons (+ a bonus module on blogging) with more than 19,000 words, 2 inspiring playlists and more than 34 minutes of audio lessons.
Here is exactly what you will receive:
1. Welcome and Intro
- How a microbusiness can help you
- What to expect from the course
- Disclosures and other legal mumbo jumbo
2. My Microbiz story
- How I started bemorewithless.com
- What I spent to get started
- Why making money is important but shouldn’t be your first priority
- Why you should tell your story
- Timeline including subscriber growth, product and new site development and other milestones
3. Why Do You Want a Microbusiness?
- My Whys
- Your Whys
- The Other Whys
4. You are Good Enough
- Identifying fear based statements
- Audio: Fight Your Fear: 9 minutes 34 seconds
- Music mix to help you calm down
- What you don’t need to get started
5. How to Spark Your Creativity
- 3 ways to immediately spark your creativity
- music mix to inspire your creative juices
- creativity for your blog
- creativity for your business
- where to find inspiration
6. Platform Why You need one and how to get started
- What is a platform?
- Audio: Your platform is made of people (2 minutes 54 seconds)
- Why do you need one?
- What can a platform do?
- How can you build a platform?
7. Less Media, More Social a.k.a The Simplest Approach to Social Media
- Audio: Less media more social: 7:16
- My social media story
- Where and how you can be social
- How to eliminate needless distraction
8. Show me the Money
- Audio: Fight your fear and ask for money (6 minutes 25 seconds)
- Suggested revenue sources
- Affiliate disclosures
- How to take the yuck out of promotion and marketing
9. Rules to Live by as a Micropreneur
- The rules I live by
- Audio: 5 simple rules for business (3 minutes 9 seconds)
10. A Practical Guide to Running Your Microbusiness
- How to give your microbiz the attention it deserves (even with a full-time job)
- Choose good work over hard work
- Running your blog (focus content and develop editorial calendar)
- Audio: make genuine connections (5 minutes 20 seconds)
11. Resources and Answers to Your Questions
- List of all of my microbiz partners
- How I keep track of income/expenses/tax stuff
- The books that have made the biggest difference in creating my microbiz
- Answers to your questions and an offer to answer more
NEW: Bonus Module: On Blogging
- The 10 Top Blogging Fears (and solutions)
- Create a blog name and tagline
- Create a successful blog post
- How to reach your first 100 subscribers
You might be thinking that this course is under-priced at $19.99 and it is. Here’s why …
- A microcourse is always less than $20.00. I made that promise to you and I’m keeping it.
- I believe that doing work you love should be accessible to anyone who is interested. I hope this affordable pricing helps more of you access work you love in an easy to understand, enjoyable, powerful way.
“The biggest thing I can say about your course so far – it made it seem real for someone like me to create something that would work. It has sent me on a course of micro-actions!” – Rochelle
“I wanted to express my gratitude to you for sharing all of your great knowledge and insight. I appreciate that you made it an accessible and affordable price, so anyone can benefit from your helpful resources. Not only the price, but the way you presented the information was so accessible and welcoming. It felt as if you genuinely want to help people and share your knowledge.” – Kaitlyn
I wanted to tell you how happy I am with your microcourse. I especially like the money segment- because it wasn’t what I expected. I was hesitant to purchase the course because I’ve had experience with some “pushy” sites before. I so appreciate finding out that way is not the only way and that it is okay to just be myself in how I do whatever I do. It feels so much more authentic! – Caryn
Some times when I read the advice of other internet entrepreneurs, I automatically dismiss it as something I don’t think I can do because it just seems sleezy and disingenuous, but this course gave me permission to network and do business in ways that make sense to me. I don’t feel like I have to change who I am and that’s really encouraging. Before this course I thought maybe I’m just not cut out for business, but I realize I’m struggling because I’m not doing something that truly matters to me. I’m not done with this course yet (action steps are next), but I already feel significant shift in how I feel about being an entrepreneur thanks to you. – Joelle
If you want to create a microbusiness that matters, get started now …