With the holidays approaching, I know many of you have only one thought. “Hold on.” I’ve heard so many complaints about the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
- The utter lack of peace and quiet
- Late nights
- The excess
- The spending
If you ever thought about the holidays as complicated or disruptive, you are not alone. For some the holidays are a reminder of not measuring up. Maybe you don’t have the best gift wrapping skills, get invited to the best parties, or out bake your neighbors.
For others, the holidays are overwhelming, time-consuming and expensive.
Even if those things, or some of them are true for you, holiday simplicity and experiencing the true joy of the holidays is possible. It all comes down to intention and purpose.
How to Enjoy Holiday Simplicity
1. Identify the 3 most important things to you during the holidays. It could be anything from:
- Time with family
- Watching The Christmas Story for the 84th time
- Finding the perfect present
- Hot cocoa
- Sleigh rides
- Holiday cards or newsletters with goofy family photos
- Baking for neighbors or co-workers
- Silent nights
- Attending an annual holiday get together
- A festive lunch with friends
- Christmas music
- Twinkle lights
Even if you love all of these things, choose the 3 most important.
2. Write them down.
3. Commit to them every day, every week or if it’s a date specific event, highlight it on your calendar.
4. As other invitations or obligations come up, see how they fit with your top 3. Not important? Say no thank you.
You’ll likely do more than 3 things over the holidays, but when you turn your attention to the 3 most important, you can really enjoy them instead of trying to fit them in.
31 Days of Gifts You so Deserve
I want to help you fully embrace the simplicity and meaning of the holidays with purpose and intention. 31 Days is an advent calendar in your inbox designed to deliver the gifts you so deserve. Gifts like joy, music, solitude, dance parties, gratitude and love notes. Advent calendars are usually 24 days, but I want these 31 gifts to see you into the brand new year.
Gentle reminders and joyful recommendations will guide you through December with wonder and simplicity.
Each day, beginning December 1st, you’ll receive your advent gift via email. It will include everything you need to direct 5-10 minutes each day to simplicity and how you want to experience this glorious month. Gifts will include audio messages from me, simple tasks for full engagement, music and more.
Enjoy gifts of love, joy, solitude and silent nights as you move through December with simplicity and grace.
I hope you’ll join me in finding daily holiday goodness through December and take away lessons for the new year.
What is your favorite thing to do during the holidays?