Dressing with less wouldn’t be as fun or as interesting for me if you weren’t doing it too. Your stories bring Project 333 to life and help to demonstrate that anyone can do it.
- You can do it with a job.
- You can do it with a family.
- You can do it with a shopping addiction.
- You can do it on a budget.
- You can do it if you are a man or a woman.
- You can do it if you live on the beach where it is the same temp every day of the year.
- You can do it in a city with a 4 season climate.
You are each beautiful examples of how dressing with less and adopting a minimalist fashion philosophy can work anywhere for anyone. The stories you tell about your personal journey inspire other people who identify with your lifestyle to give it a try. Because of you, Project 333 has become more than a fashion project. What started as a simple fashion project has become a way for people to face fears, test boundaries, save money, change shopping habits and find happiness in less.
You did that. You made this fashion project powerful, meaningful and in some cases, life changing. The best way I can think of to thank you is to continue to share your stories.
I’m inspired by …
- Delicia’s story of traveling lightly
- Rachel knowing that minimalism is not for everyone, and choosing it anyway.
- How Caroline incorporated yellow into her summer collection.
Maybe you aren’t ready for Project 333, or just heard about it for the first time. These stories should encourage and inspire you to never say never, and give simplicity a chance to work in your closet and your life.
If you’ve started Project 333 and want to share your story, use #project333 hashtag on Twitter, email me or submit a guest post about your Project 333 experience.
If you’d like to know more about how minimalist fashion Project 333 has evolved, I was recently interviewed on Untitled Minimalism. Here is the podcast if you are interested: Dressing with Less with Courtney Carver.