Before I share my capsule wardrobe list, I want to tell you why it’s important. It’s not about the perfect pair of jeans or little black dress or how I accessorize. In fact, I’m the last person you should ask for fashion advice. I’m much more interested in how we are living our lives and taking care of ourselves than what we are wearing.
Deciding what to wear might not change your life, but deciding how to decide what to wear … that’s life changing.
At first, one of the places I resisted simplifying was my closet and today one of the simplest places in my life is my closet. Interestingly, my chaotic, clutter-filled closet added stress to the rest of my life and my simple, calm, decision-free closet has removed stress from my life.
2020 is the 10th anniversary of Project 333 so this clearly not a passing fad. Because this challenge is changing closets AND lives, it’s not going anywhere (except into more closets … maybe yours).
I hear from people on a daily basis about their Project 333 experiences.
Here’s a few of them …
- I have a new sense of freedom from my past. Certain clothes reminded me of jobs and seasons of my life 15+ years ago. Now I have an incredible sense of presence coupled with an excitement for the future!
- By decluttering my wardrobe I learned slowly, that I don’t need stuff in order to feel good about myself.
- I finally started realizing what I like and that clothes do not change who I am. I still like to look nice and put together, but I do not let clothes determine who I am.
- I love my simple but beyond enough wardrobe, taking better care of what I have and all the free time, peace and ease that fewer choices bring.
My Project 333 Capsule Wardrobe List
It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a seasonal capsule wardrobe list but with growing excitement about minimalist fashion challenge Project 333 and the new book coming out, I thought it might be a good time.
This is not a list of items I think you should own, or a special formula. It’s simply the wardrobe that works best for my body and my lifestyle. If you are joining me on the Project 333 Book Tour, I’ll likely be wearing some of these items.
If I don’t mention a color on clothing items, you can assume it’s black.
1. Sunglasses (brown)
4. Travel bag
5. Hat (white/gray)
8. Scarf (mauve)
9. Crystal Bracelet Stack
12. Winter Boots
16. Winter Coat
17. Trench Coat (cream)
18. Puffy Vest (ice blue)
20. Skinny Jeans
21. Black Pants
22. Dress (olive)
24. Sweater (tan)
25. Wrap Sweater (gray)
26. Zip-up Sweatshirt
27. Sweater with collar (navy)
28. Long Sweater (gray)
29. Button Down Long Sleeve Shirt
30. Short Sleeve Crew Neck
31. V-Neck Sleeveless
32. Chambray Long Sleeve Button Down
What’s on your capsule wardrobe list?
As I mentioned, this is my list. When you create your list, consider items that best fit your body and lifestyle. I chose items that would work from January through March (winter into early spring weather). Try Project 333 and you’ll be amazed at the stress you remove from your closet and your life.
I’ll be sharing pictures of my capsule wardrobe and other people doing Project 333 on the new Project 333 Instagram Account. If you are sharing your before and after pics or daily outfits, please use hashtag #project333 so I can cheer you on!