If you want to declutter your home but don’t know how to start, these articles, challenges and resources will help you take the next step. Whether you need instruction, inspiration or a list of what to let go of, it’s all here.
Before you start looking through the list below, think about how you will take action. Close the gap between inspiration and action by committing to a tiny step. You probably won’t declutter your home overnight, but the step-by-step, inch-by-inch, consistent steps you take will get you there.
You don’t have to exhaust yourself decluttering. Instead, focus on consistency over intensity.
Declutter Your Home: 13 Articles and Challenges To Help You Start
1. 5-Step Back to Basics Decluttering: If you are overwhelmed with the idea of decluttering, or just a little discouraged by clutter creep, remember there isn’t a special trick or one size fits all method for decluttering. The simplest way to move forward is to get back to basics.
2. 120 Things to Remove From Your Life: Set aside a little time to let go of the following 120 items. The faster the better so you don’t overthink and convince yourself to hold on. Fun music will help. Challenging a friend to join will make it more fun.
3. A Better (And More Ethical) Approach to Decluttering Your Home: Decluttering your home is one of the most rewarding things you can do. The benefits of a clutter-free environment include less stress, less debt, and more time to spend with family and friends.
4. The 27 Best Decluttering Tips of All Time: “Keep what you need and what makes you happy” is enough of a north star for some people. But many of us need a little extra guidance to help decide what’s worth keeping. These 27 time-tested decluttering tips can help.
5. Simplify Life: Tiny Decluttering Projects This Soul & Wit Podcast Episode will inspire you declutter your home, one tiny project at a time.
6. 11 Tips When Decluttering Is Hard: Use these tips to not only learn how to purge and declutter your house. But also, how to push through and get it done. Even when you feel stuck, overwhelmed or decluttering simply feels hard!
7. How To Declutter Your Home: 10 Creative Decluttering Tips: If you’re struggling and need guidance on how to declutter, you’ll need to get creative with your plans. Here are several interesting decluttering tips to get you started on decluttering your home.
8. Wardrobe Declutter: Remove these 8 things from your closet today. If you are tired of a chaotic wardrobe, be discerning about what lives in your closet. There are items or categories of clothing you may be holding onto that are just adding clutter to your closet and chaos to your life.
9. Declutter These 52 Things From Your Life Today: If you feel stuck, stop thinking about what you are getting rid of and instead consider what you are making space for. Make space for laughing, resting and connecting. Make space to show up for your life. Make space for what matters to you.
10. 7 Practical Steps to Declutter Your Home in 10 Minutes: Every space we decluttered offered the hope of greater peace. We wanted that peace to replace our possessions in every nook and cranny of our home.
11. 7 Tips To Help Your Kids Let Go Of Their Excess Clutter: Teaching your kids (rather than just telling your kids) how to apply a minimalist mindset does take a big dose of intentionality and a bit more coffee–but it’s entirely possible and so very worth it!
12. Anti-Procrastination Decluttering Challenge: The secret to combating procrastination is to build momentum. It also helps to trick procrastination into having fun. Instead of making your decluttering project a big chore, turn it into a challenge. Bonus: a challenge may interest decluttering resistant family members too.
13. Decluttering Burst: Let Go of One Hundred Things in Less Than An Hour: Try the decluttering burst to inspire long-lasting change in your life. Big change takes time and can sometimes feel heavy and frustrating. Find ways to have fun along the way. You’ll be so glad you took time to enjoy the journey. I hope this decluttering burst helps!