When you have a compelling reason (or 17) to declutter, you will have more enthusiasm and less struggle when it comes to letting go of your stuff.
The stuff that surrounds us affects what’s inside of us so if you are in a cluttery space on the outside, you might feel cluttery on the inside too. Feeling cluttered and distracted leads to stress and overwhelm. Even when you’ve built some tolerance to it, you aren’t operating on all cylinders when it comes to making thoughtful decisions and trusting you know what’s best for you.
If you are ready for more space, time, money, peace, energy and clarity, choose a compelling reason to declutter below and get started.
17 Compelling Reasons to Declutter Right Now
1. You are grumpy and short-tempered.
2. Choosing a coffee cup in the morning feels like one more decision you don’t want to make.
3. You can never find your keys.
5. You wear the same things most of the time.
6. The idea of a beloved family member sorting through your crap when you are gone sounds horrible.
7. You are tired of thinking about decluttering.
8. The stress of clutter is affecting your physical and mental wellbeing.
9. You want more space to create.
10. It’s frustrating to think about the time, money and energy you’ve invested in all that stuff
11. You are ready to downsize your living space.
12. Clutter attracts clutter and calm attracts calm.
13. You aren’t believing your own excuses about holding on to clutter anymore.
14. Relaxing sounds better than picking up.
15. You know it’s time for less clutter and more of the good stuff in life.
16. Enough is enough.
17. You never signed up to be a stuff manager.
A few things that will help you stick with it and make a little progress every day …
– Write down your compelling reason(s) and post it somewhere you see every day.
– Take a few before and after pics for each space.
– Take tiny steps. Remember slow progress is still progress.
– Repeat this mantra: Consistency over intensity.
– Celebrate your progress!
Whether one or all seventeen reasons to declutter resonated with you, use that to take the next steps to start living with less. If you aren’t sure where to start, try one of these …
- Declutter These 52 Items From Your Life
- 120 Things to Remove From Your Life
- Start with your spices.
- 10 Tiny Decluttering Projects
- Ten Rules to Help You Live With Less Stuff
Declutter to make space for what matters to you.