Mini-missions have always been a part of Be More with Less and my personal simplicity journey. When you start to simplify your life and even when you are years into the process, some things take longer than we anticipate and it can feel like a one step forward, two steps back process. Instead of getting frustrated or giving up, try a mini-mission.
Mini-Missions are assignments or challenges that you can implement immediately, so you can enjoy some immediate gratification during this adventure and make your simple life more enjoyable and sustainable.
Mini-missions are often one step actions that you can do to improve your health, relationships, bank account or wardrobe. They’ve become so important in my life and such a favorite on Be More with Less, that I invited a few of my friends to create new mini-missions, updated reader favorites and made a new ebook, mini-missions for simplicity.
Before we dig in to the details of the book, please consider the following mini-mission.
Talk About It: a mini-mission
To celebrate the launch of mini-missions for simplicity, and your commitment to simplify your life, talk about it. Choose one mini-mission from the book and commit publicly for extra accountability.
How to talk about it:
- Write about it
- Blog about it
- Call your friends and tell them
- Commit out loud via social media
- Organize a group challenge centered around one specific mini-mission
By sharing your story, not only will you be more motivated to follow through and complete the task, but you’ll spark some curiosity and inspiration.
Then, tell me about it. Connect with me and tell me which mini-mission you chose first and a little bit about your experience. I’ll be publishing some of the responses in a future post to encourage others to take the leap, challenge themselves and choose their own mini-mission.
More about the book: mini-missions for simplicity
- You’ll have 36 mini-missions to choose from in the categories of clutter, productivity, relationships, lifestyle and health & happiness
- Enjoy mini-missions from contributing authors (listed below in the table of contents)
- And most importantly: you’ll support a simpler, more joyful life
Table of Contents
Section One: Clutter
- One is Enough
- Hide Your Stuff
- Stop the Inflow by Mike Burns | The Other Side of Complexity
- Pass it On
- Shoot Your Stuff
- The Digital Dip by Joel Zaslofsky | Value of Simple
- Break it Off
- Sell Something You Don’t Want by Betsy & Warren Talbot | Married with Luggage
- 33 Items or Less
Section Two: Productivity
- Make Time
- Habit Stack
- Single Task by Brooke McAlary | Slow Your Home
- Say No So You Can Say Yes
- Sleep Well
- Track Every Penny You Spend
Section Three: Relationships
- Make Moments
- Give Freely
- Help No One by Britt Reints | In Pursuit of Happiness
- Love More Deeply
- Feed Someone
- Judge Less
- Send a Care Package by Tammy Strobel | Rowdy Kittens
Section Four: Life
- Drive Less
- Go Cameraless by Paul Jarvis | pjrvs.com
- Banish Doubt
- Take Brave Baby Steps by Jolie Guillebeau | jolieguillebeau.com
- Speak Up by Leslie Webster | A Simple Life Afloat
Section Five: Health & Happiness
- Smile by Valentina Thörner | ValDeOro
- Sit Still
- Calm Down
- Grow Something
- Floss Every Day
- Feel Your Pain
- Stand up for Your Health
- Eat Real Food
Q: Where can I buy the book?
A: You can find this book on the Amazon Kindle Store.
Q: I don’t have a Kindle so how can I read the book?
A: Kindle books can also be read using the Free Kindle Reader App for your Web Browser, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android.
Q: Is this book in print format?
A: No. It’s a digital book.
Q: How long is this book?
A: The PDF version is 65 pages including 36 mini-missions. The best part about the book is that you can start anywhere by choosing a mini-mission that’s best for what you need right now.