If you’ve ever opened your closet doors and found yourself staring at clothes you’ve been collecting for years and never wear, wondering why you don’t have anything to wear, minimalist fashion challenge Project 333 can help.
Wear just 33 items for 3 months and get back all the JOY you were missing while you were worrying about what to wear.
Project 333: This little guide will get you started
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (but your workout clothes have to workout).
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
Helpful Project 333 Resources:
- Capsule Wardrobe List (what I’m wearing and why it’s important)
- Project 333: Q & A to Help You Simplify Your Closet
- 7 Perks of a Minimalist Wardrobe
- How to Build a Capsule Wardrobe
- Project 333 on Instagram
- The Project 333 Video Course
Remember what you really want
This challenge isn’t really about clothing and closets at all, even though that’s where it starts. Be curious about how simplifying your closet might help you make space in other areas of your life. Make room for what you really want!
That was the little guide and the book is the big guide. Project 333, The Minimalist Fashion Challenge That Proves Less Really is So Much More covers everything from how to pick items for your capsule wardrobe and dealing with emotions connected to your clothes to Project 333 for children, the eco-impact your shopping choices have and much more.