My simplicity journey started with an MS diagnosis in 2006. This unexpected wake up call grew into a desire to be happier, healthier and more in love with everything in my life. That meant getting rid of everything I didn’t love.
- the meat
- the junk
- the busyness
- the clutter
- the shopping
- the stress
- the job
- the excess
Declutter your life with challenges and experiments
By getting rid of everything that didn’t matter, I made room for everything that did, largely thanks to Project 333, a minimalist fashion challenge I created that helped me determine what enough really looked like.
When I shared Project 333 and challenged people to join me, I didn’t know what to expect. I mostly thought people would think I was crazy. And some did. I also thought people might think that dressing with 33 items or less for 3 months was extreme. And some did.
The best part was that most people thought it was interesting, challenging and fun and joined the challenge. And then they started to share their capsule wardrobes, stories of dressing with less, and unique Project 333 experiences. People are practicing Project 333 in more than 45 states in the US and 40 countries around the world.
You gave this minimalist fashion project wings, and the world took notice. Project 333 has been featured in Unclutter Your Life by the Associated Press on ABC.com, Forbes.com, and other print and online venues. It’s also been on thetodayshow.com, on countless beautiful blogs, and in other awesome articles.
Declutter your life with O, The Oprah Magazine.
I’m thrilled to announce that Project 333 and Be More with Less are featured in the March 2014 issue of The Oprah Magazine along with other awesome challenges, tips, and ideas to declutter your life with the new rules of decluttering. So many new people are visiting this site because of the article and I’m so grateful.
- If you are here because of the article, welcome!
- If you are just hearing about the article for the first time, check out the Declutter Your Life March issue of The Oprah Magazine. (Page 110)
Declutter your life right now
If you are overwhelmed with the idea of getting started because your junk drawer is overflowing and your closet is exploding, take a deep breath and start somewhere. Here are a few ideas to help:
- Get started with minimalist fashion challenge Project 333. A simpler closet is the gateway to a simpler life. Start with your wardrobe and be amazed at how simplicity will seep into every area of your life.
- Start small with one of the 7 Tiny Steps for Minimalist Beginners.
- Dedicate 10 minutes. You don’t have to turn your life upside down to get simple. Here are 25 ways to simplify your life in 10 minutes or less.
Declutter your life with a little help
I’m not perfect. I haven’t arrived or finished, and I still have so much to learn, but together we can make this simplicity adventure even more fun and rewarding.