I am sick. Nothing serious. Just a cold. Just a sore throat. Just a runny nose. Just a pounding headache. All together those little “justs” make me want to lay down and close my eyes until it all goes away.
Or…I could share a few things that make me smile, lift me up and might lift you up too.
little things to lift you up
- Boats make me smile and so does a simple life afloat
- Jolie’s art and this story
- minimalism + photography = simple art (my favorites are 14, 17 and 37)
- a lovely recipe for Cinco De Mayo from foodie crush
- wearing one thing more ways than one like this or this
- a little revelation
- getting to know a blogger in Copenhagen
- a really unique mother’s day gift
- more pretty pictures
The little things that lifted me this week were: love notes that my husband snuck in my travel bag…one for every day I was gone, sunshine in Portland and Seattle, the little harbor on Bainbridge Island, coming home to blooming flowers, promising ideas, new projects, hot tea, a smiling teen, salted caramel, and new friends.
Oh and a few other things, like having a king size bed all to myself and still sleeping on “my side”, successfully traveling with just a small backpack and capturing images of beautiful boats, buildings and this simple shot…
What lifts you up?