In 2010 Project 333 started with my desire to live with less, and a single blog post on Be More with Less inviting people to join a minimalist fashion challenge.
I didn’t know what to expect. I mostly thought people would think I was crazy. And some did. I also thought people might think that dressing with 33 items or less for 3 months was extreme. And some did.
The best part was that most people thought it was interesting, challenging and fun and joined the challenge. And then they started to share their capsule wardrobes, stories of dressing with less, and unique Project 333 experiences.
Today people are practicing Project 333 in more than 45 states in the US and 40 countries around the world. You gave this minimalist fashion project wings, and the world took notice. Project 333 has been featured in Unclutter Your Life by the Associated Press on ABC.com, Forbes.com, and other print and online venues. It’s also been on The Today Show website, on countless beautiful blogs, and in other awesome articles.
And now, Project 333 is featured in O, The Oprah Magazine.
- If you are here for the first time after reading the article, welcome!
- If you are just hearing about the article for the first time, check out the Declutter Your Life/March 2014 issue of The Oprah Magazine. (Page 110)
- If you’ve been celebrating with me since I announced the big news last month on Be More with Less, thank you.
As this fashion project has evolved from a personal challenge to a big adventure, 3 core values have unfolded.
A simpler closet is the gateway to a simpler life. Start with your wardrobe and be amazed at how simplicity will seep into every area of your life.
People who practice Project 333 are curious, daring, thoughtful and kind. Did I mention funny, supportive, lovely and open? If you want to be part of it join in a way that works best for you. Here are a few recommendations:
- Subscribe to the blog.
- Like and follow the Project 333 Facebook Page for inspiring quotes, capsule wardrobes and stories of dressing with less.
- Say hi on Twitter and share your questions and stories with hashtag: #project333
- Be inspired visually on Pinterest with images of capsule wardrobes and other simplicity tips and tricks.
- Share your looks and see what I’m wearing with my 33 on Instagram
- Take the course for extra support, motivation, and entertainment with written, audio and video inspiration.
This isn’t about how cute your shoes are or how beautiful that cashmere sweater you got on clearance looks hanging in your closet. This minimalist fashion project reveals your true beauty. The beauty that shines from your heart and soul; your core, because nothing is getting in the way.
Dressing with less allows you to peel back the layers and be you. And that is what real beauty is all about. YOU.
I’m really looking forward to hearing about your Project 333 experience and journey to a simpler life.