You might notice that there isn’t any paid advertising on this site, or on any of my websites. Paid advertising would certainly help pay the bills, but I don’t think it would serve you as a reader, trying to dress and live with less. In fact, I think it would be a big fat mixed signal.
You are on a quest to live with less so the last thing I want to do is tempt you with well placed ads that make you want to buy more stuff. My websites are part of my business, but I think there are better ways to earn money that are more in line with my values and yours.
Without advertising, how do you make a living?
- I work with clients through simplicity sessions
- I create ecourses and books to help people live with less
- Work with bloggers so they can learn to make money without selling advertising too.
- I recommend books that support simple living.
- I consult, write and speak for different projects.
So when Dobbin Clothing offered me one of their beautiful dresses to incorporate into my wardrobe of 33, my pre-33 self said “YES, send the dress.” and then the first question I asked myself was, “If you accept the dress, how will this help readers?” I could tell you all about my experience wearing the dress, but that felt like advertising. How could I really help you with their offer to give me a dress?
It was obvious that the only way my new, lovely, little black dress would help you is if I gave it to you.
The Little Black Dress Giveaway
Just in time for the holidays and for your first 2013 collection of 33, Dobbin Clothing is giving away their washable, versatile, flattering Juliet dress.
Enter to Win
1. Comment below (one time only). If you comment more than once, your name will be withdrawn from the contest. I love receiving email from you, but an email in response to this post is not an entry to win. You have to visit this post from your reader or email and leave a comment.
2. Subscribe to Project 333. I’ll be announcing the winner right here on Monday, December 10th.
3. Share this on Twitter, G+, Pinterest or Facebook or your favorite place to share. You can copy and paste this:
Win a Little Black Dress from @dobbinclothing and @bemorewithless http://theproject333.com/windress #project333
or click one of the share icons at the bottom of the post.
If you win …
- Dobbin Clothing will send you the dress in the size of your choice. (only available for shipping in the USA. If you live outside of the USA, you can have your dress shipped to me and I will personally ship it to you.)
- I’ll interview you about how you incorporated the dress into your tiny wardrobe and feature you and your experience in a little black dress post in 2013.
About Dobbin Clothing
“We started Dobbin with some simple ideas: designing a line of fashionable staples, tailored to fit and flatter grown-up bodies. Using the best Italian fabrics, and manufacturing here in the USA. Selling exclusively online, to cut out the middle-man and keep prices under $200. And shipping free both ways, so our customers can see that our clothes look and feel even better in person.”
I’ve never purchased anything from Dobbin Clothing before, but based on their kindness and flexibility in working on this giveaway and their lovely mission statement, I’ll consider something new from them when I need it.