Weekend Wisdom: Check in with your heart. Ask, “is this enough?” Maybe more isn’t working anymore.
Words like rest, enough, gaze, relax, imagine and delight are winding their way around my heart today. I’m thinking about how to be softer and more present. I’m revisiting all of the things I thought I knew about work, busyness, distraction and resisting the call of more.
You know the call of more right? It sounds like this …
- Do a little more and you won’t have as much to do tomorrow.
- Make more now so you can rest later.
- Be more available to prove your energy and value.
- Answer one more email, scroll a little more.
- Cross more off your to-do list.
- Wake earlier, go to bed later, break less and you can do more.
- Produce more, consume more, come on … a little more.
- Push more, prove more, want more.
I’m not answering the call of more today and encourage you to let it go to voicemail too.
Ok … onto the favorites:
30 best comforting soup recipes.
Today is a bones day. (NYT)
This makes my brain happy.
Let’s talk about burnout.
How to pack a suitcase like an adult.
I can’t wait to start reading this author’s work.
5 gentle rules to help you feel good. You deserve to feel good.
If you want to mix up your work hours, experiment with this.
I’m starting this book today.
Declutter before the holidays: 20 ways to make room for more joy.
These 3 tips will help you feel better if you sit at a desk all day.
Be encouraged to spend less time on social media with this caption.
Love in the time of corona.
May we all sleep this deeply.
This week’s Instagram favorite is from @simplysophiedesigns to encourage enoughness in your life.
I hope you enjoy this edition of Weekend Favorites and have a beautiful, safe, healthy, loving weekend.
P.S. The Simplicity Space membership opens next week but only to the waitlist. Learn more and sign up here.